(Wed Jun 21, 2023)
Monday to Friday
295 Closter Dock Road
Closter, NJ 07624
Phone: (201) 784-0600, ext.432
Fax: (201) 784-9721
The Borough Clerks Office deals with the following areas:
1.Secretary to the Governing Body and Custodian of Records - Attends Borough Council meetings, prepares and reviews minutes of meetings for Borough Council's approval, Maintains all Borough ordinances and resolutions on file. Handles Open Public Record Act (OPRA) Requests.
2. Elections - Registers voters, runs all elections, has absentee ballot applications for voters.
- Application for Vote by Mail Ballot
- Solicitud De Voto Pr Correo
3. Licensing & Permits – The Boroughs Clerk's Office performs the licensing of all raffles in the Borough of Closter. In addition, alcoholic beverage licensing including renewals, transfers and it is handled through the Borough Clerk's Office. Estate Sales Permits, Certificate of Registration and Special Events on Borough Property Permit.
4. Board of Health / Registrar Office Handles;
- Marriages Application/ Certificates
-Death Certificates- Cat/Dog Licenses
You May Contact Board of Health/Registrar Jin Bae at Ext: 446 & 493
For information about obtaining a passport, please visit:
US Department of State Passport Information Web Site at the Bergen County Clerk's Web Site:
MENU - BOROUGH CLERK
Mayor & Council Meeting Agendas
Mayor & Council Meeting Minutes
Borough Clerk's Office - Forms & Applications
Code Book Adopted Ordinances