(Tue Jan 27, 2015)
The mission of the Closter Health Department is to improve and protect the health and well being of the people in our culturally diverse community by promoting and encouraging healthy behavior and safe practices designed to prevent disease and injury.
Our services will be delivered by our trained and well-qualified staff, motivated to fulfill our mission through pro-active public education, health code enforcement, public health screenings, environmental protection and community involvement. The mission of the Board of Health is achieved in a number of ways:
- Monitoring health status to identify community health problems
- Diagnosing and investigating health problems and health hazards in the community
- Informing, educating and empowering people about health issues
- Enforcing laws and regulations that protect health and ensure safety
- Linking people to needed personal health services and assuring the provision of health care when othewise unavailable
- Assuring a competent public health and personal health workforce
- Evaluating the effectiveness, accessibility and quality of personal and population-based health services
The Borough of Closter and the Board of Health are happy to direct residents to a number of ongoing health-related programs. Information on these programs is available through this section of the Web site. For more information, call the Board of Health office at (201) 784-0600, extension 433.